Where to Ambush Us


View The Trip in a larger map

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Toy Training

Well, our time in India is almost up and I am sad to leave. It was a rough start for me in this crazy commotion of a country but I've come to love it. Much of my attitude towards India has been dependent on the weather so I'm sure come monsoon, my opinion might change. But for now, the lovely cool breeze of the Shimla hill station is perfect! We were warned by so many vacationing Indians in Manali not to visit Shimla but we are SO glad we didn't listen. J.R. and I were wondering if it's like a Northern Californian telling a traveler not to visit Southern California. The city's British roots are heavily apparent (there is a Christ Church) so much that we almost feel like we're in Europe. The roads here are so cool and there are tons of walking paths that you can just get lost in. Like Manali, it doesn't feel quite like India because the streets are quiet and there are no auto rickshaws (which also mean more walking). I keep on convincing myself that the reason I am profusely sweating and out of breath after a short hike up a hill is because of the "altitude" but I think the Indian food is getting to me. In our last few days, J.R. and I have been shoving Indian street food down our throats and rest assured I will be traveling tikka masala in hand through the security line as we depart. We'll post some Shimla pictures in a few days but tomorrow off to Delhi by train. I still haven't figured out how J.R. and I are both going to fit on this toy train but I'm excited!!

2 comments: