Where to Ambush Us


View The Trip in a larger map

Monday, July 13, 2009

Bonjour!!

This has trickled out to a few of you guys already, but I figured, I'd just go ahead and make one big announcement here for everybody.... Jessica and I have some news.....
_
_
_
_
_
_

HAHA... not that news... In case the post title didn't give it away, I got a job offer the other day to go work at Pasteur Institute in Paris starting in October. It's working with a scientist I really respect on Staphylocoocus aureus, which for you non-science types, is the nasty little critter that causes MRSA infections (staph infections) of which you may have heard about in the news. So I'm really excited! Really nervous too, since "bonjour" is about half of my french vocabulary, but it should be a great adventure and at the end of the day, I guess you just don't get that many opportunities for great adventures, so I'm thrilled. Jessica and I have downloaded Rosetta Stone, and we now spend some of our beach time practicing French in Asia. It's a funny world, eh?!

4 comments:

  1. JR!!!!!!!!! huge congrats man. i am personally pissed we wont be hanging out in SF any time soon but I guess this is good for you. virtual high five from far away. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oiu, oui! Paris, Paris. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I already congratulated you via email and gchat, but congrats now via the blog! Maybe some healthy competition with the Rosetta Stone will inspire me to be more studious with it...

    ReplyDelete