Where to Ambush Us


View The Trip in a larger map

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Epic Battle With Local Fauna

Well, we've been sitting around beach bumming for the last few days but today we decided to motivate for snorkling. We did a full day of island hopping and checked out some fish, coral, and other sea creatures. Everywhere we go in Thailand is absolutely splendid and we can't quite figure out why it's low season. But we're not complaning because we pretty much have the entire beach to ourselves.

I've decided to declared war on the local fauna. I was stung by a big old jellyfish yesterday. I'm going to be extra careful around those vicious dragons in China. Also the unicorns in Cambodia. In fact, in China I may just try to eat one of every creature that has attacked me to seek revenge!

We moved to a new hotel with an awesome view of the ocean (you'll see some pic of it in the slideshow). It's a little further out, which we felt justified renting a scooter for a few days. I nearly ran us off the road on a sharp turn but I blamed it on J.R. suddenly "shifting his weight" to retain my dignity. Needless to say, J.R. has been doing most of the driving.

Heading to our favorite hang out called Treehouse now. It's this cool little place built on stilts right over the ocean. Every time I walk I feel like I'm going to fall through the wood planks which adds to its charm. We met a cool British couple the other day and we're playing poker with them tonight. Then off to Cambodia in the morning. Internet might be touchy but we'll try to post when we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment